1 package (16 oz) Oreo cookies (double stuffed not recommended)
1 container (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
8 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
1) Crush nine cookies into fine crumbs and set aside for later use.
2) Crush the remaining 36 Oreo cookies into fine crumbs. In a medium bowl, mix the Oreo crumbs and the cream cheese until blended. Chill for about 15 minutes.
3) Shape cream cheese and Oreo mixture into about 40 one inch balls. Place on wax-covered baking sheet and refrigerate for about an hour or until firm.
4) Melt chocolate chips and then dip the Oreo cream cheese ball into the chocolate â€“ this is best done by resting the ball on a fork and using a spoon to roll the ball around until completely covered in chocolate. Let the excess chocolate drip off while on the fork.
5) Place ball back on wax-covered baking sheet and sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs.
6) Refrigerate until firm, about one hour. Store leftovers in the refrigerator in a covered container.